Proper Conduct & Attire
The Novi Youth Hockey Association strives to uphold a safe, fun, family-oriented environment. As such, we expect proper, respectful conduct on the premises at all times. We do not permit disrespectful conduct toward members, guests, employees, “team members” or vendors, including but not limited to vulgar, profane, indecent, offensive, violent, hostile, aggressive, threatening, harassing, stalking, fraudulent, or other inappropriate conduct or language. Members and guests also must wear proper attire in public areas at all times, including shirts and shoes.
Use Of Cell Phones & Photographic Devices
Per USA Hockey and MAHA: youth hockey player cell phones are not allowed in any locker room. With most kids having cell phones with cameras, there is a risk of inappropriate photos being taken and possibly being posted on the web. Parents are also required to abide by this rule and asked to step outside the locker the rooms to use their phones. Our children’s safety and their privacy is our top priority. NO CELL PHONE USAGE IS ALLOWED IN ANY LOCKER ROOM.
Weapons & Dangerous Materials
You may not bring or use weapons of any kind on the premises for ANY reason.
A dangerous weapon is defined as (but not limited to) the following:
Any firearm, firearm muffler or firearm silencer; any kind of explosives, incendiary or poisonous gas device; any dagger, dirk, stiletto, knife or pocket knife that may be opened by mechanical device; iron bar or brass knuckles.
At no time shall a player or parent be in possession of the aforementioned dangerous weapons and/or materials during, or at any event associated with the Novi Youth Hockey Association. This includes, but is not limited to:
· Team practices or games at the Novi Ice Arena.
· Team practices or games at any facility other than the Novi Ice Arena.
· Team sponsored functions such as fund-raisers or parties.
· NYHA sponsored events at any location.
The penalty for possession of any of the aforementioned materials:
· First-time offense for a rostered participant shall be that person being suspended from all NYHA activities for no less than 1 month nor more than 3 months from the date of the Infraction. In the case that it occurs at the end of a season, the season and possibly into the next season.
· Second-time offense for a rostered participant shall be that person being suspended permanently from the NYHA.
· Based on the nature of the incident, the Discipline Committee may move that person to be suspended permanently from the NYHA on the first offense.
You could win $5,000! Plus, help us win a VIP Theater Takeover for our members. ENTER NOW